Monday, June 05, 2006

DRIVE ME CRAZY!

So I happened upon this article that claims the "dumbest" drivers in America are in the Northeast. Now I take a little bit of an issue with this a bit as just about all of my driving has been in the Northeast. I'm from Massachusetts and now live in New York and while I will admit there are quite a few idiots behind the wheel, I think dumbest is a bit harsh. This article was based on actual state licensing exams containing 20 questions. Now the thing is, I know for a fact that Boston and NYC drivers tend to be a tad bit more aggressive (see for yourself, to your right) and the way you actually drive after you have your license is probably not "by the book". This study revealed that one in eleven licensed drivers in the northeast would fail the test (scoring under 70). I'm sure people just answered the questions based on what they do and not what their high school driver's education guide says. For example, one question asked the correct way to get from the far left lane to the far right lane on a four lane highway. Now the correct answer is to take it one lane at a time, but one option is to carefully go all the way over all at once. Now I think we all know, that if we have the chance, we're taking it all in one quick swoop, am I right? But then again, I suppose it is "dumb" to not answer the way you think they want you to respond. The state with the highest scores? Well that would be Oregon, which is where my good friend Tim has decided to start a family. Sound like you picked some safe roads take the fam on. But remember Tim, you'll always be a Masshole! Anyways, I'm glad to say I got an 80. How'd you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment